Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What’s the #1 thing you need to do to stick to your exercise program?



You’ve got to make the experience fun and enjoyable!

The biggest problem I face as a fitness trainer is that I’m offering a product that most people hate. Unfortunately, the majority of people do not like to exercise! So it’s my job to make the exercise experience as enjoyable as we possibly can.

Here’s some ideas:

• Participate in a program that you enjoy. Check out this 2 minute clip above of my Outdoor Bootcamp program. You’ll notice I’m giving my clients a great workout but also notice how they are laughing and joking around while I’m kicking their butts! If you like what you see, you can get more details and sign up at the following link. If this is not for you – figure out what is. Maybe it’s dancing or cycling or beach volleyball. Whatever it is, it’s got to be something you enjoy enough to want to do regularly enough to achieve great results.

http://www.nwpersonaltraining.com/subs/events/event_details.php?event_id=88

• Participate in fun active events so you develop strong relationships which will ultimately create an awesome working out environment. It's always easier to stay consistent when you're doing something you love with other really fun and cool people!

Check out this photo of me and my clients participating in a 5km Fun Run and finishing second in the costume division this past weekend. We enjoyed a fabulous workout and had a TON of fun! Can you believe we ran 3 miles in this thing!



Keep it fun people and you’ll want to stay consistent!

Yours in health & fitness,

Sherri McMillan

No comments:

Post a Comment