Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I messed up and it's only Day 3

Day 3 of the Vegan Challenge

Breakfast - Organic granola and almond cereal, organic banana, strawberries and organic rice milk. Yep, the exact same thing as the last 2 days! Creature of habit.

Snack - Organic Pear

Lunch - Yakisoba noodles and vegetables. This is where I messed up. I was so pleased that I didn't have the chicken and it still tasted so delicious. I was thinking this Vegan thing was pretty easy. Then I found out Yakisoba noodles are made with eggs. Oops! Well, it was an honest mistake. I can't believe I messed up though and it's only Day 3! Next time, I'll opt for the brown rice.

Dinner - Tomato soup with baked pita chips crumbled up in the soup to give it some consistency (The brand was Imagine and the soup was awesome and non-dairy based) Yummy! Then I had 2 "Enjoy Life" soft chocolate cookies which have no dairy, egg, soy or any other common allergens. They weren't my sisters' cookies but they weren't bad and definitely satisfied the sweet tooth.

Exercise: 50 minute run with a Girlfriend and then a 90 minute Hot Yoga class with a few other girlfriends. Definitely got my girlfriend estrogen fix today which is actually a really important part of a healthy, balanced life!

One of our clients Kim Hash, sent me a link to a number of vegetarian recipes. This would be a great additional resource for those of you who like to be in the kitchen and need a little more variety in your diet.

http://www.oprah.com/menu/food/menus/20091015-tows-tal-ronnen-vegan

Hope this is all helping. Whether you go Vegan or not, I think you'll be able to get some ideas to help you live your best life!

Yours in health and fitness,

Sherri McMillan

No comments:

Post a Comment