One week down, 3 to go to determine whether this will be a longer, more life-time commitment.
I've had a few comments regarding my caloric intake and suggesting it might be a little low. Well, put it this way, after one week, I've lost 3 pounds so I'm definitely in a deficit. A healthy, long-term weight loss approach is about 1-2 pounds per week so I'm close. One of the ways I gauge appropriate intake is how I feel. And so far I feel great and definitely have the energy for my workouts which is the most important thing for me. Probably where I'm lacking most is my lunches. I'm still trying to figure out what to bring for lunch. Typically I used to eat out most lunches so trying to figure out what to bring from home besides veggies, chips and hummus has been interesting. I'm sure as the month progresses, things will change and I'll get into more of a routine.
Eating out is the most difficult part of a Vegan challenge. In fact, I found out I messed up again. The BOCA Burger that I ate at Red Robin's yesterday that I was so proud of, well, I was informed that it's not a Vegan burger. I even asked and they told me it was Vegan but it's got some cheese in it. Well, here I am showing again how easy it is to screw up and a true example that no one is perfect! In fact, one of our trainers Derrick who is probably the strictest Vegan that I know told me he was eating this one food for a while and then found out it had eggs in it.
If I were to project where this will all finish for me, my guess is, since I'm more like an 80/20 girl, my diet will probably end up being strict Vegan 80% of the time and then living it up the other 20% of the time. We'll see...
My Nutrition for the day:
Breakfast: 1 cup of Organic Granola and Almond cereal + Organic Banana
Lunch: Veggies (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, celery) + Tortilla Chips + Hummus
Dinner: 2 Burritos: Whole Wheat shell, Organic Refried Beans, Tofu Shredded Cheese, Tofu Sour Cream and Peppers
Yours in health and fitness,
ps. Remember if you are local, we are going snowshoeing this Sunday. It's going to be a blast and we'd love to get to know you all better.