Thursday, January 7, 2010

What does Dr. Dean Ornish say about a Vegan Diet?

Day 4 of the Vegan Challenge:

Derrick deLay, one of our Vegan Trainers, sent me the following information from Dr. Dean Ornish, one of the world's leading medical doctors specializing in health, fitness, nutrition and the positive effects on cardiovascular disease. He provides some fabulous tips and two yummy recipes for Vegetarian Chili and Pancakes. Enjoy!


http://www.21daykickstart.org/celebrity/ornish/index.cfm


Here's my meal plan for Day 4:

Breakfast: Oatmeal, Organic Banana, Strawberries

Snack: Organic Apple

Lunch: Veggies, 2 Rice Cakes, Red Tortilla chips

Snack: Tortilla chips and Soy Cheese

Dinner: Vegetarian Chili - Yummy and very filling!

I'm not hungry so that's the most important component for me. I need my energy! The only thing I've got to figure out is how to get more protein in my lunches but so far, things are feeling great.

Exercise: 40 minute run

Living Life to the Fullest,

Sherri McMillan

ps. If you're local, join us for our Snowshoeing event next Sunday January 17th. Click on the link for more details. http://www.nwpersonaltraining.com/subs/events/event_details.php?event_id=98

No comments:

Post a Comment